I decided to start this blog after my son was diagnosed with food allergies. For the first seven months of his life he suffered with terrible eczema and after a trip to the ER we found out he is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, sesame and peanuts. As a parent of a child with food allergies it is a constant emotional rollercoaster. I have cried at grocery stores, at birthday parties and at night. He has had the Epi injection twice and spent too much time in the ER.

Current allergies: Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree nuts
Outgrew: Sesame, Soy

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Labeling

When I send my son to school with a safe treat, I always label it with a genetic "I have food allergies" sticker.  This way I know it will not get mixed up with other treats.  He's only in a Pre-K 3's program so there is no lunch, just a snack.  They normally all have a snack that everyone can have, including my son.  But on a few occasions I had to send something safe with him and this gave me a little piece of mind.

Next year Aiden will be going to public school Pre-k program.  There will be a lot more kids in his class and I'm pretty certain they will not accommodate my son like his current private school does. I suddenly did not like the simple "I have food allergies" sticker anymore and after doing some google searches, I came across Name Bubbles.  I ordered a set of personal food allergy stickers (like the photo below) and a set of name stickers to label his beach toys for the pool.

I received my labels last night and I'm completely in love with the look and the feel of them.  I was able to add his full name, his allergies and a contact number for me and my husband.  If there are ever any issues, our number is right there on his sippy cup, on his lunch box or on his backpack. They are the perfect size and really look amazing.  They are dishwasher, laundry and freezer safe so one sticker will last for a while.

I'm probably going to order more before school starts in September.

Little things like this makes our lives just a tad easier when dealing with kids with food allergies.


NAME BUBBLES LINK

1 comment:

  1. Those look like great labels...I like the idea that all the information is right there. :)

    ReplyDelete